- Conference album: The photos taken at the conference are online.
- Sustainability initiatives: In response to international sustainability initatives, TAI 2023 will feature paperless conference programme – both the programme booklet and proceedings are made virtually available here.
- Conference Program: The detailed program is available online.
- Conference Proceedings: The conference proceedings are online.
Group Photo at the Conference
Welcome to TAI 2023 Conference
We are delighted to announce the upcoming second International Conference on Tone and Intonation (TAI 2023), to be held in the vibrant city of Singapore during 18-21 November 2023. Jointly sponsored by the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA) and the International Phonetic Association (IPA), this event is organized by the Chinese and Oriental Languages Information Processing Society (COLIPS) and the Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence Association (PREMIA) in Singapore, with valuable support from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The theme of this year’s conference is “East Meets West: Languages and Approaches”. Building on this theme, we aim to foster a dialogue between Eastern and Western perspectives in the study of tone and intonation. We are very honored to have invited the following keynote speakers:
– Jennifer Cole, Northwestern University, USA
– Katie Franich, Harvard University, USA
– James Kirby, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
– Ying-Ying Tan, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 20 Aug 2023 Notification of abstract acceptance
- 20 Sep 2023 Submission of revised abstract for conference abstract book.
- 30 Sep 2023 Early bird registration deadline
- 18-21 Nov 2023 Conference in Singapore
- 31 Jan 2024 Submission of the revised abstract and an optional full paper for ISCA publication