The 22nd Annual Meeting of the Special Interest Group on Discourse and Dialogue (SIGDIAL 2021) will be held on 29-31 July 2021 in Singapore.
The SIGDIAL venue provides a regular forum for the presentation of cutting edge research in discourse and dialogue to both academic and industry researchers. Continuing a series of nineteen successful previous meetings, this conference spans the research interest areas of discourse and dialogue. The conference is sponsored by the SIGdial organization, which serves as the Special Interest Group in discourse and dialogue for both ACL and ISCA.
SIGDIAL 2021 is preparing for a hybrid in-person and virtual conference where people can participate online if they want. In view of the COVID-19 situation, we expect that most international participants will join the conference remotely, while the local participants join physically. Updated information on Singapore’s border control measures in response to COVID-19 can be found on the ICA website. Information on the SG Arrival Card with Electronic Health Declaration can be found here.
We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you at the conference. Stay safe and healthy!
- Best Paper Awards
- Corference-Aware Dialogue Summarization, Zhengyuan Liu, Ke Shi and Nancy Chen
- From Argument Search to Argumentive Dialogue: A Topic-Independent Approach to Argument Acquisition for Dialogue Systems, Niklas Rach, Carolin Schindler, Isabel Feustel, Johannes Daxenberger, Wolfgang Minker and Stefan Ultes
- (Nominee) Understanding and Predicting User Dissatisfaction in a Neural Generative Chatbot, Abigail See and Christopher Manning
- SIGDIAL 2021 releases virtual backgrounds, please download from Virtual Background.
- SIGDIAL 2021 registration will close on 28 July 2021, 11:59 am (Local Time (UTC+8)). On-site registration is not allowed due to COVID-19 regulation.
- SIGDIAL 2021 will make available the following live sessions to the general public: 3 keynotes (daily), panel sessions, 2 sponsor sessions (All Zoom links are available under the Main Program).
- SIGDIAL 2021 Program is available now (see Main Program).
- SIGDIAL 2021 Accepted papers list is available now (see Accepted papers list).
- The registration site is open now (see Registration page).
- Early Registration Deadline: June 22, 2021 (23:59 GMT-11).
- The submission site is open now (see Call for Papers page).
- Authors have to fill in the submission form in the START system and upload an initial pdf of their papers before the April 2, 2021 deadline (23:59 GMT-11).
- Final pdf versions of papers must be uploaded to the START conference manager site by April 10, 2021 deadline (23:59 GMT-11).
- Two special sessions will be held.