The 13th International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2021) brings together researchers and practitioners working on the interaction between humans and intelligent robots and on the integration of robots into the fabric of our society. ICSR 2021 will take place in Singapore as a hybrid conference on 10-13 November 2021. Accepted papers will be included in the Proceedings of the ICSR 2021 published by Springer LNAI series.
The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Robotics in our everyday lives’, emphasising on the increasing importance of robotics in human daily living.
The conference welcomes original contributions describing technically rigorous scientific and philosophical advances in the area of social robotics and AI: innovative ideas and concepts, new discoveries and improvements, novel applications on the latest fundamental advances in the core technologies that form the backbone of social robotics, distinguished developmental projects, as well as seminal works in aesthetic design, ethics and philosophy, studies on social impact and influence pertaining to social robotics, and its interaction and communication with human beings and its social impact on our society.
Authors can submit the complete manuscripts in PDF format, or the use the LaTex or Word templates provided by Springer. Full manuscripts are limited to 10 pages. The front page must contain the title of the paper, full name(s) and address(es) of the author(s) and the appropriate academic field(s). All papers will be refereed by the program committee. Authors will be required to submit their papers via the OCS submission system. Submission deadline has been extended to 10 July 2021.
At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the conference to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings.
ICSR 2021 will be held in a hybrid format, including simultaneous on-site and cloud sessions. Authors will have the options to present their work and interact with participants either physically in Singapore or virtually.
- Workshop/Invited session proposal submission deadline: 19 June 2021
- Paper submission deadline: 10 July 2021
- Notification of acceptance: 10 August 2021
- Camera-ready papers due: 31 August 2021
- Competition submission deadline: 10 October 2021
- Conference: 10-13 November 2021
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Affective and cognitive sciences for socially interactive robots
- AI for social robotics
- Context awareness, expectation, and intention understanding
- Control architectures for social robotics
- Human augmentation, rehabilitation, and medical robots
- Interaction and collaboration among robots, humans, and environments
- Personal robots for the home
- Robot applications in education, entertainment, and gaming
- Robot ethics in human society
- Robots that can adapt to different users
- Robots to assist the elderly and persons with disabilities
- Robots with personality
- Safety in robots working in human spaces
- Socially assistive robots to improve quality of life
- Social acceptance and impact in the society
- Social cognition for social robots
- Socially appealing design methodologies
- Teleoperation, telepresence and remote interaction
Submission of Papers
Submissions must be made in the PDF format and follow the Springer LNCS/LNAI style for the layout. All papers will be refereed by the program committee. Full papers are limited to ten pages. Detailed instructions for paper submission are available on the conference web site. LNCS style templates are available on the Springer LNCS website.
The ICSR 2021 Technical Programme will include Invited Sessions. Their objective is to complement the regular program with new and/or emerging topics of particular interest. Each Invited Session consists of 4 to 5 paper.
Organisers of Invited Sessions should submit proposals indicating:
- Title of the session
- A brief 2-3 paragraph summary for the Organized Session explaining the goal of the Organized Session and the overarching themes of the submitted papers
- Optional list of topics and authors (including their affiliations).
Proposals will be evaluated, and organizers will be informed of the outcome. Once accepted, the invited session will be publicized in our ICRS website together with invited session code, so prospective authors can submit.
Papers will undergo the same review process as regular papers. If, at the end of the review process, fewer than four papers are accepted, the technical program committee may distribute the accepted papers to other relevant sessions.
Proposals shall be submitted to email@example.com for review.
Participants are invited to hold a half day workshops on topics relevant to social robotics. Proposals on workshops will be considered by the organizing committee. Interested participants shall contact firstname.lastname@example.org for proposal submission.
Joint Programme with HAI 2021
ICSR and HAI organizing committees are pleased to announce that the 2021 edition of the conferences are working together on a joint program, ranging from common access to all accepted papers, a common day of program on 10 Nov 2021 to a joint special issue for selected papers to promote exchange and collaboration between the two communities. Further details will be announced nearer to the conference dates.
Social robot designs from practitioners from any discipline, and in any format, and designs, prototypes, performances or demos selected by the organizing committee will be invited for exhibition during the conference.
Participants who would like to exhibit their relevant products during the conference site should submit a summary describing the demonstration. Exhibition space will be allocated to those approved by the ICSR 2021 organizing committee.
The Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2021) will be published by Springer International Publishing as part of the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence series (LNAI). The proceedings of the conference are indexed by SpringerLink and Scopus. Selected papers of ICSR and HAI 2021 will be jointly invited for publication as a Special Issue in the International Journal of Social Robotics (Fall 2022).